Here is my list of ten things I love. I must say it was quite a challenge for me to limit this to only ten things. Trust me the list could have been much longer!
- Roses, but especially yellow roses. They were my mother’s favorite as well.
- Sitting on our porch with a glass of ice-cold sweet tea with my husband, chatting about whatever comes to our minds.
- Watching my grandsons anytime they are fishing. Their excitement is contagious!
- Butterflies. They are one of God’s most delicate yet exquisite creatures.
5. Reading books to young children, especially those of pre-school age. They still think you know everything! Ha!
6. Curling up in my favorite chair with a cozy blanket, a good book and a cup of hot chai tea. The same blanket and chai tea are required for another favorite activity: binge-watching Hallmark Christmas movies!
7. Newborn babies. Holding one and taking in their “new life” scent is like capturing a tiny bit of heaven on earth. ( More on this topic from me coming in the Telling Hearts September series on “Honoring Life.”)
8. A breathtaking ocean sunset. Over the years of traveling with my husband for his job-related functions, I was blessed to see a number of beautiful sunsets like this one.
9. Sweet “heart to heart” fellowship over a long lunch with a dear sister in Christ. We may not solve all the world problems as we chat, but we part ways with happy hearts and a satisfied soul.
10. Every year when the calendar flips over to September. It’s my birthday month and it ushers in the season I love most. Fall!
So there you have it. I hope you have enjoyed reading through my list of some of the things I love. I hope you will share some of yours as well. Thanks for visiting the blog!
The above post is part of our introduction to out September series on LIFE, which is loaded with rich encouragement for the soul. Catch it in this link if you missed it: Telling Hearts series on LIFE