OK OK maybe the fingernail job is not NEWSWORTHY but it is show and tell worthy! Look what my daughter did. I think it is so cute.
If I was younger and in to that sort of thing EVER, then I would surely have to try this.
She literally got newspaper and cut bits of paper print out to transfer on to her fingernail job.
- At first she applied just a basic pink fingernail polish coat.
- Then she dipped her fingertips in rubbing alcohol.
- Quickly (while still wet from alcohol) she aligned the bits of newspaper print onto her nail, and she said, tapped it lightly in place. She learned that if you press and hold, then the fingernail polish sticks to the paper and lifts from the nail.
- As the alcohol evaporates, and the paper dries, it lifts, but the print sticks to the nail !!
- Then apply a top clear coat to seal.
She has enjoyed that when she holds the print adorned nails in front of a mirror, the print is readable. She is quite the academically inclined young lady, and enjoys reading for hobby and pleasure, so this is something she enjoys to express her personality.
I am all for young people, all people enjoying some indulgences and going forth with a cheerful and grateful heart, giving God the glory, and showing love and compassion where led by Christ. It was a pleasure to show and tell here at Telling Hearts. Thanks for letting me share.
Ecclesiastes 5:19 Every man also to whom God hath given riches and wealth, and hath given him power to eat thereof, and to take his portion, and to rejoice in his labour; this is the gift of God .